By George Overhill

2nd May, 2022 | 4:40pm

Super Computer makes new Everton relegation prediction after impact of win over Chelsea

For the first time in weeks Everton are predicted to achieve Premier League survival after the win over Chelsea, according to a Super Computer.

The Toffees pulled off an emotional 1-0 win over the European champions at Goodison Park yesterday, with the only goal of the game coming from Richarlison.

The result leaves Frank Lampard’s side two points behind Leeds and Burnley with a game in hand on both.

As such, the Super Computer at FiveThirtyEight now predicts Leeds to join Watford and Norwich in the Championship next season, with the Whites given a 45% chance of relegation, compared to 34% for Everton, and 21% for Burnley.

On Saturday (30 April) Manchester City went to Elland Road and won 4-0, while the Clarets defeated Watford 2-1 for their third successive win.

Following those results the Toffees were given a 60% chance of going down compared to just 21% for Leeds, but yesterday’s crucial win has produced a massive swing.

Colossal

If the predictions are correct then this weekend could have been the turning point in what was increasingly looking like a doomed pursuit of survival.

The blue half of the city pulled out everything it could to get the three points, with fireworks outside the Chelsea hotel the night before the game, a huge welcome for the team buses with smoke bombs turning the air blue, and vociferous support inside the ground.

The players responded and Lampard’s former side were overcome in no small part thanks to heroics in goal from Jordan Pickford.

The visitors will no doubt be unhappy with plenty of things from the weekend, but with top flight survival at stake no-one associated with the Toffees will mind.

Pickford produced a save for the ages to keep out Cesar Azpilicueta seconds after Mason Mount had hit both posts, and then took a powerful Antonio Rudiger shot square in the face soon after.

The only down side is possible punishment for the Toffees goalscorer for picking up a smoke bomb from the pitch and throwing it into the stand as he celebrated scoring immediately after half time.

His loss would be a major blow, but the crucial three points from the game are secure after a huge day for the club.

In other Everton news, Premier League referee Martin Atkinson has named a Toffees hero has the toughest player he’s ever had to officiate.

Be sure to follow Goodison News on Facebook for 24/7 updates on Everton plus more exclusive interviews with Kevin Campbell.