By Joe Ellis

29th Sep, 2022 | 7:30pm

Maciek Kaminski still in talks over Everton takeover, now working alone

The Kaminski family are still hopeful of purchasing Everton Football Club despite now working on their own, according to Matt Law.

Led by Maciek Kaminski, the takeover attempt has lost both Peter Kenyon and John Thornton with the Kaminski’s pushing forward with talks by themselves.

Law, a journalist for the Daily Telegraph, revealed the revelation on Thursday (29 September) via his personal Twitter account with the Kaminski’s having previously failed to takeover the club in July.

“Maciek Kaminski and his family remain in talks to buy Everton,” Law said. “Offer has remained on the table and talks have been ongoing since the end of June when the exclusivity expired. Not thought to be any other bidders at this stage. The Kaminskis now working on their own.

“No deal/agreement thought to be imminent at this stage, he then said in a different Tweet.

Surely not

Farhad Moshiri has made it repeatedly clear that he has no intention to sell Everton right now and the Kaminski family, along with Kenyon and Thornton, found that out over the summer.

Even with the combined financial force of that trio, they could not or chose not to make a sufficient offer to the current club owner to make him sell his stake in the business.

Why the Kaminskis think they can now manage it without two-thirds of the original consortium is something only they will know but it will still take a humungous offer to make Moshiri sell right now.

Pressure from Evertonians might be enough to force him to listen more closely to any offers he gets having dragged the Toffees into the financial trouble they found themselves in at the end of last season.

Only time will tell if his deal ever comes to fruition but right now, there are much bigger fish to fry at Finch Farm.