Burnley provide clarity on Everton-linked Zian Flemming as manager speaks out after latest decision
Burnley are without Zian Flemming for their clash against West Bromwich Albion this Sunday amid interest from Everton.
The Toffees are still in the market to sign a new striker this summer, despite a positive start to the season from Thierno Barry against Crystal Palace.
It has been suggested that either Barry or Beto could leave Hill Dickinson, should David Moyes recruit a new number nine.
However, given Barry was the striker who got the nod in the 2-0 win over Palace, it could be Beto who finally makes way.
Angus Kinnear has assured Evertonians that the club is working hard in the market to land their top targets, but has stressed the need for patience with just over a week remaining of the window.
Flemming has emerged as a target for Everton in recent days, and the Blues could be edging closer to a move for the forward.
What has been said about Zian Flemming's Burnley absence?
Everton have been credited with interest in Flemming, with clubs in the Netherlands, Italy and France also keen.
Burnley are keen to keep hold of the centre-forward, who scored a brace for the Clarets in their opening game of the Championship season against West Ham.
Now, the Dutchman has been left out of Nicky Hayen's squad to face West Brom at The Hawthorns, amid rife interest across Europe.
Burnley's official X account provided an update before the game, confirming that the 28-year-old missed out on the match due to a minor calf injury that was picked up late on against West Ham.
Hayen said, as picked up by Sky Sports: "I think you saw the last seconds of the game that he had a little injury in the calf, so he didn't recover well enough for this game, but we're preparing him for the others."
Flemming scored 11 times in 29 appearances for the Clarets in the Premier League last season, and has proved he can cut it in the top flight.
Whether Moyes and Co. will put their feet on the accelerator for the deal remains to be seen, but is the player open to a move?
Inside Flemming's transfer thoughts amid Everton interest
Flemming is a natural number nine, but has previously played deeper in attack for Millwall.
Moyes traditionally plays one striker up top, but does like a forward who can play off the number nine, too.
It's said that Flemming is open to a move to a "bigger club", but the Burnley boss also denied that the player's omission against West Brom was due to interest.
It's highly likely that the Clarets value Flemming in excess of £10million as they hope to keep the forward in their bid for promotion back to the Premier League.
