How high Everton must go with Pavel Sulc offer as record Wrexham bid lined up
Everton remain interested in signing Pavel Sulc from Lyon, but they now face surprise competition from Wrexham.
Sulc was touted as a target for the Toffees earlier in the window after starring for Lyon last time out.
The Czechia international scored 11 goals and assisted a further three in 27 Ligue 1 appearances last season.
David Moyes is said to be a fan of Sulc, but there has been no news of a bid being lodged as of yet.
With the transfer window closing in a little over a week's time, a fresh update has now emerged on the in-demand talent.
And Everton now know Sulc will not come cheap if they are to win the race for his signature.
How much must Everton pay for Pavel Sulc?
Sulc would undoubtedly enhance Everton's attack, but striking a deal will not be easy.
As per Brazilian journalist Pablo Oliveira, who has close to 33,000 followers on X, Everton and Aston Villa are still showing an interest in the attacker.
Juventus have also contacted Lyon over a move, it is claimed, while Wrexham have now emerged as an interested party.
The Championship club are said to be preparing a club-record offer, with Lyon after around £30million.
Sulc's deal at the Groupama Stadium has three more years left to run on it.
How would Everton's attack look with Sulc signing?
Sulc was previously hailed as "magnificent" by Viktoria Plzen head coach Miroslav Koubek, and the stats certainly back that up.
He can operate on the flanks, but is predominantly used as a central attacking midfielder.
Based on Everton's XI against Crystal Palace on Saturday, Sulc would operate off Thierno Barry.
That would mean Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall having to play deeper, perhaps, with Tyrique George and Iliman Ndiaye in the wide positions.
Alternatively, Sulc could play on the left in place of George, who would be used as a rotation player.
Either way, it is a deal Everton fans would no doubt love to see done before the 11pm deadline on 1 September.

