Hector Fort in an Everton home kit, with David Moyes celebrating alongside him and Hill Dickinson Stadium in the background
Hector Fort and David MoyesBreaking Media

Everton days away from Hector Fort decision as Barcelona fee set

Dan Lewis

Assistant Editor AUTHORITY Senior editor and writer responsible for daily news flow, editorial standards, and active contribution across the site network. FOCUS Editorial oversight, newsroom workflow, verified reporting, and original content. THE BRIEF Former Sports Mole correspondent Daniel manages the network’s daily output, working between reporters and experts to ensure accuracy and speed. As a senior contributor, he also writes and publishes original content across the network.

Published on

Everton are potentially days away from learning whether they have won the race for Barcelona right-back Hector Fort.

The 20-year-old emerged as a transfer target for the Toffees earlier this window.

Everton remain desperate to sign a right-back ahead of the window closing at 11pm on 1 September.

Fort is one of numerous names to have been linked with David Moyes' side, but worryingly nothing has yet been concluded for any of them.

The Spain Under-20s international now has even more options to choose upon, but Everton are very much in the mix.

And a decision one way or another now appears to be close to being made by the young defender.

Where do Everton stand in Hector Fort pursuit?

Barcelona are open to a permanent sale for Fort amid interest from Everton, albeit complicated slightly by a rights clause they want included.

The Toffees were previously said to have made contact with Barca over a transfer.

Barcelona want around £8.56million for the full-back, who has a LaLiga title to his name after playing 17 times in 2024-25.

That was prior to spending a campaign on loan with Elche, who are another team credited with an interest in his signature.

According to an update via Spanish outlet Sport on Tuesday evening, Real Sociedad are the latest side to show an interest.

Fulham and Borussia Dortmund are said to be the other teams in the mix, with Elche effectively ruled out as they only want another loan deal.

Fort is weighing up the various approaches, with a decision expected to be made as soon as this week.

He is not part of Hansi Flick's plans at Camp Nou and has not featured in pre-season.

Hector Fort in an Everton home kit, with David Moyes celebrating alongside him and Hill Dickinson Stadium in the background
When Barcelona want deal done as Everton lead Liverpool for Hector Fort transfer

David Moyes can feel badly let down at Everton

Angus Kinnear and Moyes have each spoken out this week on Everton's transfer activity.

Kinnear has since confirmed a new right-back, even though it has been high on the agenda, will not be signed before the Crystal Palace game.

Whether that means a move for Fort is not realistically on the agenda remains to be seen.

But either way, it is shambolic that position has not been added to yet again.

While a new right-back may be signed before the deadline, Moyes is being left short heading into a campaign in which he must make a fast start.

www.goodisonnews.com