David Moyes speaking in an interview with Sky Sports
David MoyesSky Sports

David Moyes makes feelings clear over Everton transfer business with nine-word reply

Dan Lewis

Assistant Editor AUTHORITY Senior editor and writer responsible for daily news flow, editorial standards, and active contribution across the site network. FOCUS Editorial oversight, newsroom workflow, verified reporting, and original content. THE BRIEF Former Sports Mole correspondent Daniel manages the network’s daily output, working between reporters and experts to ensure accuracy and speed. As a senior contributor, he also writes and publishes original content across the network.

Published on

David Moyes has made it clear he is not overly pleased with Everton's transfer business up to now.

The Toffees have so far brought in three new faces since last season, with £16.5million Hayden Hackney the marquee signing.

Christian Norgaard has also arrived from Arsenal for £7m, while Brennan Johnson joined from Crystal Palace as part of a swap deal with Dwight McNeil.

Tyrique George and Merlin Rohl's loan deals have been made permanent for a combined £35m, meanwhile.

In terms of outgoing business, McNeil is the only big-name exit to date, although Jack Grealish has also returned to parent club Manchester City.

Speaking five days out from Everton's Premier League campaign starting with a home clash against Palace, Moyes does not seem content.

What has David Moyes said about Everton's transfer business?

Everton have been linked with their fair share of attacking players since the end of last season.

However, time and again the trail seems to go cold, with Grealish's return to Everton now appearing unlikely.

And when asked by Sky Sports in an interview aired on Monday what he's made of his side's transfer business, Moyes' reply was telling.

"We’re far off from where we want to be," the Scotsman said. Moyes went on to say he would like to "do a lot more business".

This may well be Moyes' way of making his point loud and clear to the Friedkins, though it is a far-from-ideal situation.

That said, it may well be that Everton are close to their next signing.

David Moyes speaking in an interview with Sky Sports
Everton's next steps are detailed as they aim to sign Baris Alper Yilmaz within next 10 days

Why Baris Alper Yilmaz may be next to join Everton

Reports emerged earlier on Monday that Everton have bid £34m for Galatasaray winger Baris Alper Yilmaz.

That is believed to be the exact fee the Turkish heavyweights had been holding out for.

If that is the case, and the reports are to be believed, Yilmaz could well be an Everton player before long.

That would provide some additional quality in the final third of the field.

You would hope at least one more signing is then made, but for now Moyes will simply have to make do with what he has.

www.goodisonnews.com